- Reference ID MPENG1
- Type Permanent
- Category Industrial - Skilled
- Salary Up to £40,000
Our client based in Sunderland is looking to appoint a Manufacturing Process Engineer as a result of expansion, to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
Working within the Technical / Engineering Department but with close links to Production and Quality Departments, be involved in the feasibility and FMEA process, in order to take document and lead the discussion about designing and documenting production processes and route flows for new parts
To take the lead in looking for opportunities to re design current processes in order to remove wastes and / or in line with customer requirements
To standardise and document repeatable production processes in SOPS/ Safe systems of work and other visual display media.
Responsibilities for cash/stock deficiencies:
Supervisory responsibilities/position in structure:
- Confer with a cross functional team of Techncial, Engineering, Health and Safety, Production and Quality, regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate re Ã¢ evaluation and improvements to current manufacturing methods and processes
- Work with other departments and external suppliers /stakeholders where appropriate to ensure all process and support system requirements are taken into account from the initial product and process design and conception to the finished part being launched into production.
- Involvement in NPI process - (along with a wider cross functional team lead by the NPI Co-Ordinator ) with regards specifically to the planning of the process feasibility/ definition/ modification in consideration of customers specification and our capabilities and constraints.
- Engineering planning and creation of Standard Operating Procedures and other process related documents
- Involvement in Establishing process and equipment capabilities
- In conjunction with Production Management and Quality Department, be involved in Validating that the process documentation / standard ops reflects the processes in practice
- Involvement in Training Needs Identification mainly in relation to new part introduction / new processes.
- Participating in the introduction of new manufacturing techniques and working practices which will involve training and tool box talks
- examine, tender for and install new equipment, making sure you get the highest quality at the best price
- Liaise with costing analyst and Tool design engineer concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. This will involve specifying equipment, producing CAD drawings for where applicable and, raising cost justificationsfor tooling, contracts or equipment.
- Be involved in the acceptance and commissioning of said equipment or tooling as it arrives
- Liaise with externa sub contractors where required to ensure the supply of tooling or equipment arrives in a timely fashion and In time for sample and then production batches to be launched.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and technologies
- keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Audit, report and action where necessary (P.D.C.A system)
- Carry out any other reasonable task for which you are competent
HNC level qualification as minimum in an Engineering subject or equivalent level of vocational experience
Ideal : Green Belt six sigma /Lean Manufacturing or equivalent experience
Experience in a similar role in a manufacturing / engineering environment
Ideally, an intermediate level of competence in CAD / AutoCad
Specialist training required:
Training in lean manufacturingand problem solving tools preferred
Knowledge and demonstratable understanding of metal joining processes is essential Ã¢ MIG/ TIG welding, fabrication, brazing and robot welding is a distinct advantage
Ideally: comprehensive understanding of typical relevant manufacturing processes Ã¢ eg cnc bending, induction brazing, welding, endforming.
A comprehensive ability to deliver communication / train operators in a non technical way about customers specifications and requirements is essential
Established knowledge of FMEA and SOPs
Any particular aptitude/skills required:
Able to make recommendations and financial justification for equipment, or other resources as required
Ability to work as part of a team
Able to identify, recommend and progress manufacturing process improvements, with particular attention being paid to maximising production efficiency and cost effectiveness
Ability to work to demanding timescales and agreed targets.
Project management and administrative skills
Able to demonstrate process design skills, as well as analytical and creative logic.
In return for the right level of applicant, the company is offering a negotiable package dependent on experience.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of SG Personnel, who are acting as an employment business.