- Reference ID MT1
- Type Permanent
- Category Quality/Health & Safety
- Salary From £23,500 to £25,500
Our client, a successful manufacturing business based in Sunderland are looking to appoint a Metrology Technician on a permanent basis to suppot expansion.
This person will take responsibility for ensuring that all existing and new bend programmes are loaded into the Aicon. You will give assistance to operators - training and guidance so that parts are measured and reports are correctly interpreted to ensure that parts meet the customers technical specifications.
- Enter new programmes into the Aicon measuring station.
- Guide operators in measuring parts, helping them to understand and interpret measurement readings and reports
- On rotation - participate in measuring parts using the FARO measuring arm, mainly for PPAP submissions and sample / prototype parts
- Maintain the measurement area to ensure the equipment is not damaged and the area is clean and today without obstruction.
- Programme and operate measuring equipment including Aicon comparison machine and FARO arm mainly
- Provide support and measurement advice to Production Department personnel (Operators, Setters, Team Leaders) as required.
As hoc tasks within this role:
- Assistance Preparation of relevant customer & Internal documentation (includes PPAP paperwork).
- Undertake calibration activities to ensure that company measuring equipment (e.g. Micrometers, Vernierâs) and Measuring Gauges are in spec.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Computer literate
- Be able to read an engineering drawing.
- Methodical and organised approach to work.
- Must be capable of working under pressure to tight and changing deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of using engineering measuring equipment and gauges and understanding of tolerances.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Have the aptitude to be trained in order to carry out the full range of activities in this function
- Be reliable, flexible and adaptable where required
*Previous experience of CMM /Faro arm would be a distinct advantage.
*Knowledge of metal joining/ fabrication and welding a distinct advantage
- *Ideally : a relevant engineering qualification / equivalent experience in a similar role.
This is a full-time permanent dayshift position, and the company is offering a salary of between £23,500 and £25,500 dependant on experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by SG Personnel, who are acting as an employment business.