- Reference ID SME1
- Type Permanent
- Category Maintenance
- Salary £40,500 + Guaranteed Bonus & Benefits
Our client, a large manufacturing business based in Gateshead, are looking to appoint two Shift Maintenance Electricians on a permanent basis.
- Complete planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and establish root cause fixes to address equipment issues
- Fault finding on a range of electrical circuits <415v
- Ability to read/create/modify Electrical Drawings
- PLC appreciation â basic fault finding /mods/Processor replacement
- Experience with Instrumentation â ABB commanders, Magflows, load cells
- Inverter control â changing out, set up
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team ensuring they are fully aware of all relevant engineering activities and schedules
- Record any stock removed from the Engineering stores to ensure accurate stock control
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Respond quickly and effectively with machinery breakdowns
- Follow weekly planned maintenance schedule
- Assist with the safe installation/implementation of machine improvements and projects.
- Appreciation of Risk Assessments, Hazards and Control measures.
- Compliantly carrying out electro/mechanical tasks as per health and safety.
- Safe working knowledge.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified to BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ Equivalent
- 17th Edition BS7671
- Time served apprenticeship
- Programming knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs (SLC 500, Compact Logix, Control Logix)
- Allen Bradley Panel view Plus HMIs
- Ethernet/RIO/Device net/Modbus communication networks
- Installation of electrical equipment including tray work, conduit and panel works
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Knowledge of pneumatics
- Knowledge of conveyor drive systems
- SAP/CMMS knowledge
The role will be working 39 hours per week on a bespoke continental shift pattern, which will include 12 hour dayshifts & nightshifts over weekends, but allows for extended periods of time off throughout the month. The company is offering a generous salary £40,448.76 + Guaranteed annual service bonus of 2% of annual salary, Annual Incentive Programme: Target 5% (not guaranteed), Cycle to Work, Childcare Vouchers, Discount Vouchers & Pension Scheme: Company matches contribution from 3% to a maximum of 6% - operated as Salary Sacrifice.
This role is being advertsied by SG Personnel, who are acting as an employment business.