- Reference ID RCH202
- Type Permanent
- Category Administration
- Salary £25,000 - £28,000
Our client a busy manufacturing plant in South Shields is looking for an assistant accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide support to the Financial Controller in all areas of the Finance Department.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Daily maintenance of cashbook for all currency accounts and associated bank reconciliations.
· Monthly reporting of financial results for all divisions (CSE/IMI), including
- MRJ6 & Consolidation on Magnitude
- MRJ10 for IMI results
- Budget vs Actual overhead statements
· Preparation of statutory accounts and tax pack.
· Journal preparation and submission. Includes monthly standard journals, accruals journals, and direct labour cost journals.
· Preparation of the monthly Flash report.
· Reporting of Capital Expenditure.
· Monthly reconciliations of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
· VAT Return (quarterly).
· CDS reporting.
· National Statistics returns.
· Assist with budget preparation and year-end Audit.
· Full cover for payroll, accounts receivable & accounts payable.
· Processing of re-charge invoices (inter-co commissions, non-SAFT UK staff, other expenses).
· Business month-end management reporting including scrap, labour efficiencies and inventory days.
· Consignment Stock reporting.
· Carry out ad hoc duties as when required which may not be listed above to meet business needs.
Skills & Experience Required for the role:
- Minimum of AAT qualified.
- Minimum of 2 yearsâ experience in a similar role within accountancy and payroll.
- Excellent team working skills, as you will be a member of a small team, with a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to adapt to various levels and deal with conflicting situations, confidently and professionally.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and plan ahead and meet targets
- Problem solving skills are required, as well as an ability to communicate issues and corrective actions to management.
- IT literate; familiar with MS Office Applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ERP systems.
The current salary range is between £25,000 and £28,000 per annum, depending experience.
The working pattern is 39 hours from Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break, and Friday 8am to 1pm. There may be an option for flexible working hours for the right candidate.