- Reference ID CJC/ TJ37
- Type Permanent
- Category Industrial - Skilled
- Salary £26,000
Our client, a successful manufacturing business in the north east is looking to appoint a Die Maintenance Technician on a permanent basis.
- Diagnose tooling problems at press call out and potential repair of the tool at press
- Carry out maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools
- Modifications and improvement activities on the press tools supporting customer production part approval process (PPAP) and/or parts submission warrant (PSW)
- Record / document die performance and quality concerns regarding the repair details on maintenance reports
- Support and maintain continuous improvements of 6S activities onsite to a high standard.
- Support quality with customer quality concerns, close out internal/external 8Dâs
- Tooling inventory to be monitored and replaced when necessary using company ordering system
- Support customer requirements where necessary
- Work to key performance indicators in the tooling department
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime
- Work load will be driven from objectives and tooling database recording tooling repairs and tooling preventative maintenance.
- Organisation and Planning - Plans, organises, schedules for tooling PMâs. Liaise with operations and planning to ensure key priorities are achieved within the set parameters.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communications.
- Problem Solving skills - Exhibits a probing mind, asks questions and solve problems individually or as part of the tooling team seeking advice to resolve complex cases.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with managers at all levels within the business to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Intelligence - Learn quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail â follow up on key accountabilities to ensure all objectives are achieved.
- Proactivity - Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Enthusiasm â wants to learn, improve own abilities to support the business direction
- Stoning and polishing of tool steels to a high level of accuracy
- Operation of manual milling, drilling and lathes machines
- Experience using various hand tools for hand grinding and the use of precision measuring equipment
- Operation of surface grinding machines
- Knowledge of Tig, Arc and Mig welding
- Good IT skills using Microsoft packages Word, Excel, and Outlook
- This job role requires you to be qualified to Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) BTEC, VRQ minimum five yearsâ experience.
This role is working a dayshift but could lead to shift work, shift allowances would apply.
This role is being advertised by SG Personnel, who are acting as an employment business