- Reference ID MTL1
- Type Permanent
- Category Maintenance
- Salary From £35,000 to £42,000
Our client, a global manufacturer with a large production facility in South Shields are looking to appoint a Maintenance Team Leader on a permanent basis.
Working alongside the Senior OEE/Facilities Engineer and reporting to the Production Manager, this role will be responsible for the team tasked with the upkeep and regular planned maintenance of the site services and utilities.
The post holder is tasked to implement agreed day to day, medium and long term strategies as well as working alongside the other Engineering functions in the commissioning and implementation of new plant and processes, supporting the commissioning of new equipment and ensuring the equipment in place supports efficient Production including the introduction of new products.
Day to day people management of the team is a cornerstone of the role to ensure that Maintenance Technicians benefit from excellent communication, strong leadership and remain self-motivated when providing support to the Operations Department and other stakeholders.
Experience and Skills:
- Time served Apprenticeship/Higher National Diploma or Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience within a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians.
- Strong organisational skills and leader who can motivate, foster and retain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
- Thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure - familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24-7 operations. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Use of MFG Pro, MS Excel - understanding of chemistry principles.
- Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques - including TPM, SMED, Kaizen and autonomous teams
This is a permanent role, dayshift basis (8am to 5pm Mon-Thurs/8am to 1pm Fri) with 25 days holidays, plus 8 Bank Holidays & Company Pension. Salary negotiable dependant on experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by SG Personnel, who are acting as an employment business.